Job Description: – Administration Officer
Full time: 38 hours a week
The Binaal Billa Family Violence Legal Prevention Service unit is auspice by Yoorana Gunya Family Healing Centre and provides legal advice and representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in regard to family violence and sexual assault and related areas of law and in accordance with the FVPLS operational framework and casework guidelines established by BBFVLPS unit.
We provide services to ATSI victims / survivors of family/domestic violence and sexual assault. With outreach staff travelling to cover the following service areas; Forbes, Parkes, Peak Hill, Condobolin, Lake Cargelligo, Murrinbridge, West Wyalong, Cowra, Grenfell and Young. Limited services to Trundle, Tottenham and Tullamore
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL
- Undertake routine activities of a clerical and/or supportive nature
- Undertake straight forward operation of keyboard equipment including some data input and word processing at a basic to intermediate level
- Provide routine information including general reception and telephonist duties
- Provide general duties pertaining to the admin role
- Apply established practices and procedures
- Undertake routine office duties involving filing, recording, checking and stock replenishment
- Book meetings as required
- Basic knowledge of administrative practices and procedures that are relevant to the work place
- Basic numeracy, written and verbal communication skills relevant to the work area
- Maintain incoming and outgoing mail and call register
- Good interpersonal skills and presentation
- Work unsupervised as well as a constructive team member
- Identify strongly with Aboriginal Cultural values and beliefs systems and have appropriate appreciation of those values and understand the cultural aspects of the trauma associated with each family compliment.
- Experience in office protocols and management
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues relating to family/domestic violence and/or sexual assault and how it may affect victim’s lives.
- An understanding of confidentiality, privacy and have an empathetic and understanding attitude.
- Experience with Data entry into a main data base
- Well-developed written and verbal interpersonal communication and organisational skills with an intention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills together with a preparedness to be flexible and adaptable to meet the organisational needs.
- Being the first point of contact good collaboration and negation skills to be able to assist clients when requesting assistance.
- Develop and maintain productive partnerships between Binaal Billa FVPLS other services within our region relevant to the needs of our clients
- Clearance for Working with Children and Prior National Criminal History Check
- Current unrestricted NSW drivers licence
- Willingness to undertake further and appropriate training as requested
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 4th February 2022. Please send Resume, addressed selection criteria, working with children’s check (WWC) and criminal History Check
Please send completed applications with all documents to the Program Coordinator:
email@example.com or call 68501234 for more information